We Are Hiring – Project and Field Engineer
Job Title: Project and Field Engineer
Location: Home-based with occasional office attendance in the UK and with short/medium-term deployment potential world-wide
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to work with a global business based in Devon, UK.
Established in 1999, eJet provides worldwide engineering, operational and commercial advice to organisations involved in storage, handling and delivery of aviation fuel. The Company works at airports across the world, with project references at Hong Kong International Airport, Singapore Changi Airport, Dublin Airport, Mexico City, Doha and many others.
eJet has a solid reputation internationally with the team working across the world. Now is the time to further cement their place in the market having secured numerous new projects which demand growth.
eJet are looking for a professional and driven individual to join the team as a Project and Field Engineer. The successful applicant will have relevant industry experience and will work directly with the Managing Director.
A large portion of our activity relates to project engineering design and technical evaluation, with considerable emphasis in field work (e.g. supervising fuel system commissioning activities on live aircraft aprons, inspection of equipment on live systems etc.).
As such, the successful candidate will be joining an industry-leading organisation at the cutting edge of aviation fuel facility design, planning, construction and operations.
You may apply your core knowledge to the development of systems, support enhancement of existing concepts, or use engineering principles and techniques to advance the efficiencies of our processes.
We are looking for someone who would enjoy the analysis, design, planning operation and implementation of engineering systems and applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in one of the following engineering disciplines: – Mechanical, Process or Chemical
- Minimum of 8 years of industry experience with piping systems and fluid flow in hazardous areas – experience working within the aviation fuel and/or oil and gas industry on pipeline and/or facility projects will be a distinct advantage
- Confident communicator in English – verbal and written to a good standard
- Proven ability to manage a project (as Project Manager) from inception through to close-out with client.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, (in particular Word and Excel) and well-versed in computer-aided design (AutoCAD), analysis, simulation and other computer modelling programs
- Ability to research and analyse customer requirements, specifications, processes and procedures, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, operating and maintenance requirements of design applications
- Ability to author technical reports and presentation of findings
- International travel will be a requirement of this role
- Good communication skills both with clients and within the eJet team
- Good organisational / time management skills
- Willingness to reasonably work outside normal office hours when required
- Strong bias for Health, Safety, Security & Environment
Key attributes and skills that we are looking for
- Ability to coordinate and oversee complex project delivery
- Ability to apply engineering principles and techniques within their primary discipline area – (Mechanical, Process or Chemical)
- Willingness to assist colleagues in the performance of their duties
- Professional presentation and appearance at all times when representing the Company
- Ability to work well under pressure, think clearly, retain judgment and successfully meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively handle wide-ranging operational, administrative and technical issues
- Receptive to accepting new ways of doing things and willing to take on new challenges, tasks and projects.
- Willingness to provide constructive challenges to established practice and biased towards continuous improvement.
- International experience / multicultural understanding and awareness will be an advantage
- Day rate
Interested candidates should send their application including current CV, remuneration expectations and covering letter (outlining relevant skills and background) to:
- John Pitts firstname.lastname@example.org