Your facilities are only as good as the suppliers and vendors you use for quality and safety-critical materials and equipment used in the aviation fuel supply chain (e.g. internally and externally-coated line pipe, hydrant pit valves etc.). They need to be aligned with your interests – and one way to ensure this is to have them assessed and inspected.
Our assistance tends to be required in two scenarios:
- Vendor inspection before you have placed orders for materials and equipment to ensure the supplier meets your standards.
- Vendor inspection during the manufacture of the materials and equipment you are ordering, to ensure the processes and quality are in place on-site.
Why is vendor inspection important?
The performance of vendors and suppliers across your fuel operations can seriously impact on your service and reputation. Just one let-down could cost your entire operation significant sums of money, for example if a construction project was delayed due to quality issues affecting the completion of a materials order for a hydrant system. Being under pressure to accept sub-standard or variant material because of time pressure or pressure from other contractors is not a good place to be.
Every supplier needs to meet your standards for delivery timeframes, quality levels and price.
Why use eJet for vendor inspection?
Our vendor inspection services ensure a thorough appraisal of a vendor’s capabilities – with a focus on what’s compliant and right for all services across the aviation fuel marketplace.
We can provide a thorough assessment via desktop – or a more searching inspection in person, either on-site at a construction project or at a vendor’s production facilities.
- Engaging with and questioning vendors.
- Auditing vendor operations – whether manufacturing, assembly or stockholding.
- Reviewing vendor quality control procedures.
- Evidencing vendor record systems.
- Testing for robust procedures.
- Identifying client risk.
- Mitigating client risk.